How to do SMS marketing during this period of containment? Now more than ever, it is important to communicate about your online presence. Continue to be present on the market. Inform your users about the measures taken as a result of the virus and the alternatives put in place.
Current situation for companies
During this coronavirus crisis, many sectors are affected. According to SPF finance, the economic impact is felt at several levels. In order to contain the spread of the virus, the government has imposed numerous closures. Many areas have been affected. Retail trade, tourism, recreation and culture, hospitality, transportation and events. The impact is dramatic for companies.
You previously communicated by email
No matter what sector you are currently in, it is important to continue to communicate with your customers. Indeed, we have all received a flood of emails concerning the coronavirus. Who hasn’t received an “update coronavirus” email in the last few days? How can you communicate effectively with your customers who are looking for your services? All this without falling into a wave of « coronavirus » emails. Think about text marketing!
Automated SMS : the best option
There’s no need to repeat it, the mobile phone is king. According to a study conducted by Nottingham Trent University : people look at their phones about 85 times a day. Certainly more during this period of containment. During this period, people keep their phones handy. The phone has become the best containment partner. To find information quickly, to communicate with loved ones by message or video call, to consult social networks… The list of benefits of text messaging is long.
Don’t hesitate to try the power of SMS during 14 days for free by yourself!
Here are a few reasons to switch to automated SMS marketing :
- Text marketing stands out against the mail (you are not in the mass of « update coronavirus » emails sent by all the competitors) ;
- Deliverability and speed of automated message is almost 100% ;
- The opening rate of the text message is 97%, unbeatable! ;
- SMS is an effective channel for mass communication ;
- SMS is a more personalised channel
Furthermore, the telephone numbers in your database are the most active customers. Those who have given their agreement and telephone number to get in touch.
Manage your SMS marketing campaigns efficiently
Be careful, don’t communicate for anything. SMS is a powerful channel, so use it carefully and wisely. This period is a key moment for brands. If you communicate, it must be useful and relevant. It can also be informative or entertaining. In short, you have to have something to say. Contribute to the current situation. For example, in the superstore sector, you can promote your online services to limit physical contact in your stores. Offer your home delivery services, shopping pickup, etc.
How to do text marketing by sector?
Many areas of Belgium (and around the world) are affected due to containment. There are many reasons to communicate. The most relevant is the service message. It informs users about a service change, relevant promotion or a policy update. You can also communicate as a “friend”. Be careful that this type of less relevant communication, it’s better to send it via email. If you are close to your users, SMS can be an option as well. This type of messages are rather to recognise the current situation. Recognise the situation and talk about your presence. Why not offer inspiring readings or activities to your customers during this period.
Here are a few examples of inspiring SMS marketing by sector:
- NGO’s : You can also use SMS as a way to collect donations. It is a simple and effective tool. By sending a direct message, users can participate in your campaign in a few seconds. At the occasion of a campaign for the Belgian healthcare, we set up a successful donation campaign.
- Transports : Be sure to keep your users informed about the current situation. Reassure your users about the safety of your services. Give quick updates about timetables, safety regulations.
- Healthcare : Inform your employees about health precautions to be taken by bulk messages. Also, use SMS automation to communicate quickly and effectively with your stakeholders. As in the Safelink project, contact your patients directly on their mobile phone. Send an SMS to remind patients to give their medical information and constants.
- Public sector : Continue to inform citizens about the evolution of a crisis (e.g. coronavirus). Send them instructions or safety standards by bulk SMS.
- Food industry : Increase your e-commerce, promote home deliveries and pick-up of groceries. Inform your customers and employees about your delivery services, schedules, sanitary measures with text messages.
- Employment & Education : Send contract reminders, subscription reminders or updates by SMS. Keep your users informed about your services, e-learning platform and new courses.
- Domestic goods & Retail : Notify users that you’re present for their urgent need for appliances. Communicate that you continue home deliveries and increase online orders.
Maintain your business despite the confinement. Contact our team of experts. They will offer you a suitable solution.
And don’t forget… stay at home, take care of yourself and others!